BYOD at Stanford Medicine
Stanford Medicine is a “Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)” campus.
BYOD gives students the flexibility and freedom to use their personal devices for activities and assessments, and will allow the EdTech team to focus our efforts on supporting the program, instead of managing and maintaining devices. This is a direction that many institutions, both higher-ed and K-12, are moving towards as it maximizes efficiency while providing students comfort in using their own device. The EdTech team can continue to ensure security on student devices using encryption and secure browsers. Also, EdTech will maintain a smaller pool of devices for student-use if issues arise with a student's personal device.
What does this mean for you?
BYOD System Requirements
In order for your device to provide the best experience for online exams and activities, please enure it meets this minimum set of requirements.
- 11.6″ screen or larger, minimum screen resolution of 1028X768, 32 bit color
- Windows 10; Mac OSX 10.13 or higher
- 2GHz processor or higher
- 4GB Memory
- Google Chrome 61+, Safari 7+, Firefox 54+, Internet Explorer 11+, Edge
- Wireless Card 2.4 GHZ/5.0GHZ (5.0 recommended)
- Lockdown Browser installed (Mac/PC requirements)
- Examplify Installed (Mac requirements, PC requirements)
- Stanford Encryption process completed
** iPads are not suitable as primary devices. You may use iPads as a seconary device, but NBME and Examplify exams are not accessible on iPads. Students will need to provide a Mac or PC laptop for NBME and Examplify exams.