The GoHD Initiative
EdTech's GoHD intiative aims to take the mystery out of the new high definition projection technology. Every projector and monitor in our spaces is now High Definition 1080P (Full HD), and the EdTech team has prepared the following information in videos and online resources to help you make the most of the new display technology.
Watch Professor Ian Whitmore explain the benefits of HD in the GoHD Trailer
Converting your content
The presentations that you have are important, and converting them to take advantage of HD technology is not difficult. Whether you're using Windows or OS X, PowerPoint or Keynote, you'll be able to make them look their best. Use the SoM PowerPoint Template to get quickly started in making widescreen, HD-friendly presentations.
- Converting Your PowerPoint Checklist (PDF) - Want to be sure you're ready for HD and presenting in the LKSC? Follow our PowerPoint editing checklist.
- One Hour to HD Presentation (PDF) - Learn about the benefits of HD, how to convert your presentation to HD, and also how to use the SoM PowerPoint templates.
- Quick Start Guide (PDF) - Want to start converting your content immediately? Check our quick start guide.
- School of Medicine PowerPoint Template (POTX) - A PowerPoint Template (POTX) that can be applied to existing presentations.
- School of Medicine PowerPoint Template (PPTX) - A PowerPoint Template (PPTX) that can be used to create a new presentation.
- PowerPoint Recommendations File (PDF) - A helpful guide for creating efficient, effective PowerPoints for lecturers.
GoHD: Creating A New 16:9 Widescreen PowerPoint
GoHD: Creating and Using HD Images
Improve the quality of your digital images by using image editing techniques in Adobe Lightroom. EdTech also offers a slide/document scanning service for faculty that need items (photos, documents, 35mm slides, x-rays, etc.) scanned to a hi-resolution digital format. Full HD (1080P) is approximately 2 megapixels in resolution, so images 2 megapixels and larger are already taking full advantage of the resolution.
Creating and Using HD Images Resources
- Working with HD Images Checklist (PDF) - Want to be sure you're ready for HD and presenting in the LKSC? Follow our image editing checklist.
- Working with HD Images Presentation (PDF) - Learn about how to use Lightroom to manage and edit your images, to produce high quality images for your presentation.
GoHD: Improving Image Quality With Adobe Lightroom
GoHD: Working with HD Video
Learn the quickest way to capture, edit and publish a video to your presentation or to the web. Videos should be recorded in Full HD (1080P aka 1920x1080) resolution to take full advantage of Full HD displays. Want to create quick and easy screen recordings? Try taking a look at our video capture booths.
GoHD: Working with HD Video Resources
GOHD: Creating and Editing HD Video Overview
- Jamie Tsui
- Pauline Brutlag
- Keith McDaniel
- Joe Benfield
- Brian Tobin
GoHD was funded internally by EdTech.