Partnership Between Stanford and Amazon Business
Information for Staff Responsible for Purchases
July 3, 2017 The new strategic partnership between Stanford and Amazon Business offers increased options for your shopping and ordering needs in iProcurement while reducing employee workloads by circumventing the need to submit Pcard tansactions.
If you are NOT responsible for making purchases, please ask your department or group's purchasing manager for information about requesting products.
Stanford’s new Amazon Business account offers the familiar Amazon open-market user experience that personal shoppers have enjoyed for years—plus many business-specific benefits, including:
- Free two-day shipping on Prime-eligible items
- An ever-expanding product selection in the categories that mean the most to you, e.g Lab supplies, Scientific Equipment, Chemicals and Biologicals.
- Contracted and competitive pricing allowing you the ability to compare product prices with the open marketplace.
- Enhanced search and browse functionality
- Detailed product description and specs
- Direct interface to iProcurement/Oracle for easy checkout, approval and payment
If you are responsible for purchases, please visit iProcurement to place an order. There’s a new, more streamlined look throughout the site—and a redesigned home page that can take you, with one click, to the Amazon Business site. Before purchasing items from other suppliers, including SmartMart, you should first check Amazon Business for product availability.
The Stanford Amazon partnership will reduce the administrative burden experienced when procuring supplies because the purchaser won’t have to submit Pcard transactions, which in turn will reduce the workload of the finance department’s verifiers and approvers.
The selection and service offerings available through Amazon Business will continue to expand as Procurement adds more product and suppliers based on your feedback. This will be on ongoing process. Therefore, your feedback is important and you are encouraged to send your input to email@example.com. Learn more about how you can use Amazon Business for your Stanford needs by visiting the Amazon Business page on fingate.