- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited U.S. college or university that will be conferred by the start of the program
- Minimum science and non-science GPA of 3.0 (Preferred)
- Fellows must be able to attend a minimum of five 4-hour clinic shifts, or a total of 20 hours, per week (example scribe's schedule)
We seek highly qualified candidates based on the following criteria:
- Educational merit, as indicated in part by academic credentials and university/life experience
- Extracurricular activities, including employment history, basic science or community-based research, and participation in health-related and other volunteer outreach activities
- Dedication to a life of service and demonstration of the ideals of the profession of medicine, especially in primary care
Application & Program Fee
Th application fee is $95 (non-refundable). Once accepted, the program fee for the Stanford COMET Fellowship is $6,500 for 2020-21. The program fee must be paid in full within 15 days of acceptance into the fellowship. The program fee includes:
- All program tuition, including training to become a certified medical scribe
- All required equipment, including books, laptop on wheels, and white coat
- Program support, which includes but is not limited to tutoring, mentoring, coaching, and interview preparation to help participants develop a successful application for medical school, physician assistant school, nursing school, or other graduate school in the healthcare field
- Housing, transportation, and health insurance are not included.
- Financial assistance through scholarship support is available to a small number of highly qualified fellows who have demonstrated exceptional merit in their work and professionalism within their communities.
- Selection for these scholarships will be made by the Selection Committee at the time of admission to the fellowship
Updated: Aug. 2020