IVS Program Admission Qualifications & Requirements
- To participate in the International Visiting Student (IVS) Program as part of Stanford Medicine, you must be officially registered as a student at your home school. IVS Program participants are enrolled at Stanford as a Visiting Student.
- When applying for IVS Program participation, all submitted materials become the property of the Stanford University School of Medicine Registrar's Office
- Eligible visiting students are in their MD program's 4th year or more. If you already have an MD degree or equivalent, you are not eligible to apply.
- All submitted documents MUST be in English or accompanied by an English translation that is a literal and complete version of the original document
Before applying, refer to the list of elective clerkships that are open to IVS Program participants. All quarters of each academic year at the Stanford University School of Medicine are heavily impacted with clinical rotation requests, including requests from visiting students. Stanford students have priority in clerkship rotation scheduling. The next priority are domestic visiting students, followed by international visiting students.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee that you will participate in the IVS Program
- Approval to participate in an elective clerkship does not guarantee there will be rotation spots available to be scheduled in
- Incomplete online applications will not be reviewed
As the next step in the application process, go to the IVS Program - How to Apply webpage.