Thu - Fri
Symposium on Dose Selection for Cancer Treatment Drugs
|Organizers:||Stanford Cancer Institute
Stanford Center for Innovative Study Design
UCSF-Stanford Center of Excellence in Regulatory Science and Innovation (CERSI)
University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center
The goal of this workshop is to exchange research progress and discuss challenges in appropriate dosage for cancer treatments
Both academic institutions and pharmaceutical industry have conducted early phase trials to select appropriate doses for later development of cancer treatments. The increasing need for the development of combination therapy due to resistance to monotherapy and poor tolerance of approved dose regimens underscores the need for a more efficient process of dose selection in the early stages of study design and refinement through the whole cycle of drug development and post-marketing research. Furthermore, with gaining insights of pharmacology and pharmacogenomics, multidisciplinary approaches are necessary to understand the exposure-response relationships, genomic modifications, modeling and simulation for dose findings, and new design for dose-optimization studies. This symposium will bring together researchers from academia and pharmaceutical industry to exchange research progress and discuss common challenges in appropriate dosage for cancer treatments.
Please click here to register and reserve your seat before May 5! Fees will go up after that.
Registration fees and payment details are provided at this link as well.
***Breakfast and Lunch will be provided for all attendees on both days!***
May 11, 2017. Short course on "Phase I/II Clinical Trial Design and Dose Finding" (click here for Program details).
8:30 am - 4:00 pm, Alway Building M106, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA.
*Registration starts at 7:45 am.
Naitee Ting, Ph.D., and Qiqi Deng, Ph.D., Beohringer-Ingelheim, Inc., Editor of the book published by Springer, 2006.
May 12, 2017. Symposium Program on Dose Selection for Cancer Treatments (Click here for Program details) - registration starts at 7:45 am.
1:00 pm-6:00 pm, RM LK 130, Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge (LKSC), 291 Campus Drive, 1st floor, Stanford, CA 94305.
- Dr. Rajeshwari Sridhara, Ph.D., Director of Division of Biometrics V, CDER, US FDA
- Dr. Shivaani Kummar, MD, FACP, Professor and Director, Phase I Clinical Research Program, Division of Oncology, Stanford Cancer Institute, Stanford University
- Dr. Peter Mueller, Ph.D., Professor, Division of Statistics and Scientific Computation, Department of Mathematics, University of Texas, Austin
- Ying Lu, Ph.D. (Co-Chair, Stanford University)
- Yuan Ji, Ph.D. (Co-Chair, University of Chicago)
- Philip Lavori, Ph.D. (Stanford University)
- Tze L. Lai, Ph.D. (Stanford University)
- Shivaani Kummar, MD (Stanford University)
For questions, contact Bonnie Chung at email@example.com.