Instructor K Award Support Program
Internal Stanford Funding Opportunity in Maternal Child Health
DEADLINE: Monday, October 1, 2018 - 5:00 PM
2019 DEADLINES: January 12, May 12, September 12
The Stanford Child Health Research Institute (CHRI) intends to support early career investigators who pursue an NIH K-award. The CHRI recognizes that this NIH award series provides substantial salary support but limited research funding. It is the purpose of the CHRI award to bolster this shortfall in research support to expand the number of future academic leaders in maternal and child health.
The Instructor K-awards Support provides supplemental support for instructors on individual K-awards by providing 1:1 matching funds from the instructor’s department funds innovative maternal and child health-focused clinical and translational research for Instructors ($50,000* per year for up to 2 years**).
- *CHRI will match departmental commitments of up to $25,000 per year, providing a total combined CHRI/departmental support of up to $50,000 per year for up to two years** as long as the recipient is an instructor at Stanford
- CHRI will provide a LOS stating this commitment for instructor’s applying for K grants. The recipient may either include this in the K application or the Department Chair can include a CHRI approved statement in the letter documenting institutional support.
- ** Eligibility is limited to the 1st two years of funding on the K-award.
Forms for Applicants
CHRI will match departmental commitments of up to $25,000 per year, providing a total combined CHRI/departmental support of up to $50,000 per year for up to two years** as long as the recipient is an instructor at Stanford.
- Be an instructor applying for, or currently funded by an individual K-award
- Be a member of CHRI. Visit here to apply for CHRI Membership.
- Have a track record of focusing the majority of research on maternal and child health
Please contact CHRI Administration or 650-724-6891 with any questions.