Instructor K Award Support Program
DEADLINE: Sunday, May 12, 2019 - 5:00 PM
2019 Deadlines: January 12, May 12, September 12
The Stanford Maternal and Child Health Research Institute (MCHRI) intends to support early career investigators who pursue an NIH K-award. The MCHRI recognizes that this NIH award series provides substantial salary support but limited research funding. It is the purpose of the MCHRI award to bolster this shortfall in research support to expand the number of future academic leaders in maternal and child health.
The Instructor K-awards Support provides supplemental non-PI-salary support for instructors on individual K-awards by providing 1:1 matching funds from the instructor’s department funds innovative maternal and child health-focused clinical and translational research for Instructors – ($50,000* per year for up to 2 years**).
- *MCHRI will match departmental commitments of up to $25,000 per year, providing a total combined MCHRI/departmental support of up to $50,000 per year for up to two years** as long as the recipient is an instructor at Stanford
- MCHRI will provide a LOS stating this commitment for instructor’s applying for K grants. The recipient may either include this in the K application or the Department Chair can include a MCHRI approved statement in the letter documenting institutional support.
- ** Eligibility is limited to the 1st two years of funding on the K-award.
Forms for Applicants
MCHRI will match departmental commitments of up to $25,000 per year, providing a total combined MCHRI/departmental support of up to $50,000 per year for up to two years** as long as the recipient is an instructor at Stanford.
- Be an instructor applying for, or currently funded by an individual K-award
- Be a member of MCHRI. Visit here to apply for MCHRI Membership.
- Have a track record of focusing the majority of research on maternal and child health
Please contact MCHRI Administration or 650-724-6891 with any questions.