The creation of the Child Health Research Institute (CHRI) at Stanford University provides a unique opportunity to advance the health of children and expectant mothers worldwide. The notable integration and physical contiguities between Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford (LPCH), Stanford School of Medicine (SSoM), Child Health Research Institute and importantly, the broad and deep excellence of Stanford University and its environs, creates a remarkable opportunity for innovation and bold thinking that sets us in unique position for excellence.
Statement of Purpose
Mobilize Stanford discoveries and expertise to launch healthier lives.
- Trigger innovative research to make transformational discoveries.
- Marshall all disciplines at Stanford to solve the health problems of expectant mothers and children.
- Enable the translation of our discoveries into action.
- Expand the number of future academic leaders who will improve the health of expectant mothers and children.
- Play a leadership role locally, nationally and globally to promote the health and well-being of expectant mothers and children.