Members of the Chin Lab
Frederick T. Chin, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Dr. Chin is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiology at Stanford University. Dr. Chin has nearly 22 years experience in the field of radiopharmaceutical and tracer development for molecular imaging. He completed an NIH postdoctoral fellow in the National Institute of Mental Health where he made and developed many radiopharmaceuticals that were used to study neuropsychiatric-related disorders such stress, anxiety and Parkinson’s disease. His research areas of interest include developing new strategies for: 1) novel radioligand and radiotracer development for various targets involved in brain and cancer biology, 2) radiolabeling methods of molecules/peptides/antibodies, and 3) clinical translation of useful radiopharmaceuticals for early-detection of disease and monitoring therapy.
Ph.D. Organic Chemistry/Radiochemistry, Purdue University, 2000
B.S. with Honors, Chemistry, Indiana University, 1991
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Faculty Assistant and Lab Coordinator
Samantha Reyes (née Levine)
Biology Research Assistant
Samantha Reyes graduated from UC Irvine in 2013 with bachelors' degrees in both biology and chemistry. She joined the Chin lab in 2015 as a life science research assistant performing preclinical research. She works on multiple projects but spends most of her time studying the sigma-1 receptor (sciatica) and the GABA-A receptor (fragile x syndrome). Samantha specializes in in vivo imaging utilizing PET, CT and MRI, as well as performing pharmacokinetic PET studies. She also performs a variety of molecular biology techniques such as autoradiography, histology, western blots and PCR. She has a passion for molecular imaging and is interested in expanding her knowledge of neuroscience and pharmacology. In her spare time, Samantha loves to travel and experience new cultures, and express her creativity through cooking.
Undergraduate Biology Research Assistant
Berend van der Wildt, PhD
Berend is a postdoctoral researcher in the Chin lab. He grew up in the Netherlands, where he completed his bachelor's degree in Chemistry and master's degree in Drug Innovation at Utrecht University. Following the completion of his PhD in Radiopharmaceutical Sciences at the VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, Berend decided to go abroad. Leaving what is arguably the flattest and wettest country in Europe, he is currently having a wonderful time at Stanford in California, where he tries to combine cycling, running, kite surfing and back country camping with pursuing a professional career in Radiochemistry. Berend specializes in carbon-11 and fluorine-18 chemistry and is mainly involved in developing novel PET tracers for imaging the tumor microenvironment in glioblastoma.
Ning Zhao, PhD
· Walid F. Alsharif, PhD; Post-doctoral Researcher, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
· Natasha Arksey, MS; Product Manager, Thermofisher Scientific, San Mateo, CA
· Samuel Banister, PhD; Research Scientist, Stanford School of Medicine, Dept of Radiation Oncology
· Corinne Beinat, PhD; Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Stanford School of Medicine, Gambhir Lab
· Rhona Berganos, BS; MS Candidate of Chemistry, University of Santo Tomas, Espana, Manila, Philippines
· Stephanie Chen, BS; MD Candidate, USC Keck School of Medicine
· David Dick, PhD; Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Iowa
· Soujanya Gade; PhD Candidate, Palo Alto University, Palo Alto, CA
· Amit Hetsron, MS; Senior Research Associate, Gilead Sciences, Foster City, CA
· Trine Hjørnevik, Ph.D; Medical Physicist, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
· Aileen Hoehne, PhD; Manager of Radiochemistry and Imaging, 3B Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Berlin, Germany
· So-Hee Kim, MS; Staff Radiochemist/Chemist, Utah-Inha DDS & Advanced Therapeutics Research Center, Incheon, Republic of Korea
· Jessica Klockow, PhD; Postdoctoral Research Fellow
· Andrew Lamb, BS; Laboratory Applications Manager, Cyclomedical International, Inc., Knoxville, TN, USA
· Christopher Lau, BS; MD Candidate, USC Keck School of Medicine
· Zheng "Ben" Miao, PhD; Patent Agent, Liu, Zhen, Cheng, and Hoffman LLP, Palo Alto, CA
· Bernadette Schneider, BA; Ph.D. Candidate, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
· Shawn Scatliffe