We continue to search for and recruit new ACFAC members!
Projects in Progress
As part of the Stanford Patient/Family Centered Care Initiative, our council has partnered with the Adult CF Clinic developing a support program for adult CF Patients newly diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes (CFRD).
Through a partnership with the heart transplant advisory council, we are piloting a Peer2Peer mentor program, the first of its kind at Stanford. Adult CF patients will be matched together for one-to-one, confidential mentorship on issues related to living with CF. The program is sponsored by Guest/Volunteer Services.
- In collaboration with the clinic and inpatient nursing units, developed an informational Contact Isolation flyer for patients and families.
- Raised funds and created transportation brochures to support adult CF patient’s attendance at their quarterly clinic appointments, hospital stays, and inpatient follow-up visits.
- Successfully encouraged the Stanford Adult CF Center to start an Adult CF Support Group.
- Designed a Logo, brand, and business card to encourage communication with our council.
- Developed a “Help Us, Help You” form for inpatients to communicate their medical routine and wishes to the hospital staff. Available as a Word.doc or Acrobat .pdf file.
- Created a “Return Patient Questionnaire” for clinic patients to communicate their medical questions and wishes to the clinic staff. Available as a Word .doc or Acrobat .pdf file.
- Successfully encouraged the Stanford Adult CF Center to hold a Town Hall meeting with the CF Center medical team, Adult Patients, and their families.
- Developed our “We Want to Hear Your Voice” flyer to inform adult CF patients about our council and provide feedback to the council.
- Wrote and passed our bylaws and mission statement.
- Created the ACFAC council membership application.
- Produced the ACFAC brochure which includes the purpose of the council, how to join, qualifications for membership, characteristics of a council member and our mission statement