Participant Recruitment Services
The CCTO provides researchers with assistance in increasing awareness of, and recruitment to, clinical trials. The CCTO Outreach Specialist works with SCI faculty and research staff to gather and distribute information regarding SCI trials to patients, referring physicians and community groups.
The CCTO welcomes suggestions on conferences and venues where it can display cancer clinical trials information. For assistance, contact the CCTO Outreach Specialist or call 650-725-2839.
- Collaborates on SCI representation at local cancer-related conferences and special events.
- Informs patients, healthcare providers and community groups about Stanford cancer clinical trials that are open to accrual through monthly announcements.
- Brainstorms about recruitment strategies and resources.
- Writes Featured Trials articles and Newly Opened Studies Listings for the Clinical Research Newsletter.
Involved in writing or production of the following publications:
- Clinical Research Newsletter For Colleagues in the Community
A quarterly publication that informs healthcare professionals about current Stanford Cancer Institute trials and research studies available for their patients. Three Clinical Research Groups, including Developmental Therapeutics, are featured in each issue.
- Clinical Studies Information Booklet (PDF) - July 2010
Provided for patients and their families, this guide explains the basics of clinical studies.
- Recruitment Resources (PDF) - Currently being updated, please check back later.
Produced for study coordinators, this booklet lists community resources that may assist in accruing patients to cancer clinical trials and research studies.
- Two-page Clinical Studies Information Sheet (PDF) - Aug 2012