A how-to guide on referring patients to Stanford cancer clinical trials.
Find a cancer clinical trial using any of the below tools:
- Search for trials through our search engine (Tip: click on "More search options" for advanced search features), browse conditions, eligibility flowcharts, or mobile app |
- Sign up to receive email alerts when trials open to patients
- Contact a Stanford Clinical Trials Information Specialist: 650-498-7061, email@example.com
Review eligibility criteria/ Contact study team
- Locate a trial of interest through our search engine, browse conditions, eligibility flowcharts, or mobile app |
- Scroll down and review the inclusion and exclusion criteria on the trial details page
- Find “contact information” listed on the right hand side. The study contact can answer questions and let you know:
- Next steps for your patient
- How to set up an in-person screening appointment for your patient with the study's Stanford Medicine physician
Contact Referral Center
- Adult Patients @ Stanford Health Care
- Download and complete a Referral Form
- Fax or email the completed Referral Form to: 650-320-9443 or ReferralCenter@stanfordhealthcare.org
- Referral assistance: Speak with an SHC nurse, who can help you navigate your referral. Call: 1-866-742-4811
- Pediatric Patients @ Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford
- For patient referrals, contact the Referral Center: 800-995-5724
- For inpatient consultations and transfers, contact the Transfer Center: 650-723-7342
- For direct admission requests, contact the Patient Placement Department: 650-725-8877
Track your patient with prism
As partners in the care of your patients, we are committed to keeping you up-to-date on your patients' latest diagnostic and treatment data through the Physician Referral Information at Stanford Medicine (PRISM) portal.
PRISM gives you online, password-protected access to everything from progress notes and lab results to radiology images and reports. Information is available to you as soon as it is uploaded, usually within hours of care.
Questions or concerns? Contact the Help Desk at 650-723-3333 or 866-277-3768 (toll-free).
Search for Cancer Trials
Stanford Health Care’s status with health insurance plans
For the most current information on health insurance plans, please visit the SHC health insurance plan website. The Patient Financial Clearance team is available to answer questions related to insurance: 650-724-4445 or 877-291-7335 (toll-free).