Frontiers in Oncology
Unexpected Consequences of Expanded Germline Genetic Testing
Judy Garber, MD, MPH
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Dr. Garber is the Susan F. Smith Chair and Chief of the Division of Cancer Genetics and Prevention at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and a Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. She conducts research in clinical cancer genetics, with a special focus in the genetics of breast cancer. She has played a major role in the development of national guidelines in cancer genetics. Dr. Garber is also a leader in research into the characteristics and treatment of triple negative or basal-like breast cancer, the most common form in women with BRCA1 mutations and an expert in Li-Fraumeni Syndrome. Her translational research focuses on the evaluation of novel agents targeting DNA repair defects in breast cancer, including PARP inhibitors for treatment and prevention of breast cancer and other BRCA-associated cancers.
Dr. Garber is a past president of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR). She serves on the National Cancer Advisory Board of the National Cancer Institute and was elected into the National Academy of Medicine in 2013. She also serves as the Co-Scientific Director of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and past chair of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation Scientific Advisory Board. She is an ASCO Statesman and a Fellow of the AACR Academy.
Frontiers in Oncology
Frontiers in Oncology, a recurring seminar series organized by the Stanford Cancer Institute, is designed to highlight innovations in cancer research across the spectrum of basic, translational, clinical and population science. The dynamic speakers represent a broad range of disciplines and expertise from both Stanford faculty and national thought leaders. The audience for this seminar series includes Stanford faculty, trainees and staff as well as anyone in the broader community with an interest in cancer research. Each recorded seminar is approximately 1 hour in length.
Join us on Zoom: http://bit.ly/FIO-Live
Zoom Meeting ID: 918 9681 9052
8:00 am – 9:00 am
- Stephan Hodi, MD; Dana-Farber Cancer Institute;- May 4, 2021
- Margaret Shipp, MD; Harvard Medical School - May 18, 2021
- Jhanelle Gray, MD; Moffitt Cancer Center - June 1, 2021
- Samuel Achilefu, PhD; Washington University - June 15, 2021
- Elaine Mardis, PhD; Ohio State University - July 6, 2021
- Ryan Corcoran, MD; Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center -July 20, 2021
- Erin Kobetz, PhD, MPH; University of Miami - August 3, 2021
- Blume Lecture - August 17, 2021
- TBD - September 7, 2021
- Charles Swanton, MD, PhD; Francis Crick Institute - September 21, 2021