Human Immune Monitoring Shared Resource
About Human Immune Monitoring
The Human Immune Monitoring Center. Examples of biomarkers that are specifically relevant to cancer include changes in lymphocyte signaling pathways, serum cytokines and specific immune responses that target tumor cells.
This Resource offers SCI members specialized assays that monitor the effects and efficacy of immunotherapies and vaccination strategies that are becoming increasingly important alternatives or adjuvants to conventional cancer treatment. In addition, pathogens have been implicated in the etiology of many cancers, and the Resource offers an array of methodologies for pathogen identification.
Standardized assays are available to analyze secreted cytokines, cell subsets and functions and gene expression. The Resource offers sample processing and biobanking services, and it maintains an integrated, online database of assay results and clinical/demographic data.
The Resource offers the following services to SCI members:
- Central sample reception, logging, processing and repository
- Specialized immune monitoring and pathogen assays
- Luminex bead-based assays
- Phenotyping and phosphoflow analysis
- High-throughput cell stimulation
- Flow cytometric analysis of cell division
- Firefly system for signaling analysis of tissue and cell samples
- Centralized assay results database and analysis support