STUDY GOAL: To investigate how children’s brains change as children learn math.
- Up to $375 honorarium upon completion on the study.*
- Pictures of their own brains.
- A Stanford Brain Development t-shirt.
STAGES OF THIS STUDY:
- 2 Neuropsychological Assessments.
- 1 appointment to measure math skills.
- 1 pre-study MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) brain scan appointment.
- Some qualified participants will participate in 4 weeks of math training. This involves weekly visits to Stanford and 3 sessions of online math games played at home per week.
- 1 post-study MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) brain scan appointment.
- 2 appointments to measure math skills.
- There will also be a follow-up appointment and brain scan 6 months after participation.
*$375 for participants with high functioning autism. $325 maximum for all other participants