Math Elements Training
Seeking 2nd and 3rd Graders with High Functioning Autism or Aspergers, math learning disabilities, or those who are typically developing
The goal of this study is to investigate how children’s brains change as children learn math.
- Up to $325 honorarium upon completion on the study.
- Pictures of their own brains.
- A Stanford Brain Development t-shirt.
Stages of this study:
- 2 Neuropsychological Assessments.
- 1 appointment to measure math skills.
- 1 pre-study MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) brain scan appointment.
- Some qualified participants will participate in 4 weeks of math training. This involves weekly visits to Stanford and 3 sessions of online math games played at home per week.
- 1 post-study MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) brain scan appointment.
- 2 appointments to measure math skills.
- There will also be a follow-up appointment and brain scan 6 months after participation.