The computer accessing PHI must meet HIPAA safe harbor requirements
- Desktops and laptops protected by full disk encryption, with Box Tools installed to verify. Mobile devices protected by MDM (AirWatch).
- Endpoint devices that are managed by Stanford Health Care and Stanford Children’s Health are HIPAA compliant and meet HIPAA safe harbor requirement.
- Personal or coporate issued desktops and laptops
- Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 10)
- Mac OS: latest two versions (10.12, 10.13)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge
- Safari (the two latest, released versions)
- Firefox (the two latest, released versions)
- Google Chrome (the two latest, released versions)
Security Encryption: Non-Stanford Medicine Computer
- Stanford Health Care: Enterprise ID (SID)
- Stanford Children's Health: Username
- Stanford University: SUNet ID