Open Positions: POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR
The Boussard lab is recruiting several postdoctoral scholars in the field of biomedical informatics, engineering, health services research, health policy, or epidemiology/population health. Applications are invited from ambitious, independent and motivated candidates with a strong publication record.Postdoctoral fellows will be involved in the analysis of large heterogeneous datasets, including electronic health records, unstrucutred clinical notes, administrative data, registry data, and patient surveys to answer inform clinical decisions and guide policy. We focus on identifying the right treatment for the right patient, identifying patients at high risk for adverse events, and getting evidence at the point of care to guide clinical decisions. Our lab has developed the infrastructure necessary to efficiently use real world data from Stanford University and other academic sites for clinical analytics.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work in a highly collaborative fast-paced environment
· Ability to successfully interact with a diverse team, including clinicians, IT staff, and scientist across domains
Desired Skills and Experience:
· PhD in Biomedical Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Health Services Research a related discipline.
· Strong programming skills. Experience with Natural Language Processing/Machine Learning a plus
· Database experience, preferrbly SQL.
· Leadership qualities a plus.
· This position is available immediately and eligible for renewal through 2020.
· Please send the following to Dr. Tina Hernandez-Boussard at boussard AT stanford DOT edu
- cover letter
- career statement
- an exmple article/manuscript
- contact information for 3 references