Open Positions: POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR
We're looking for multiple talented postdoctoral scholars to help support our research in data mining, clinical research informatics, or health services research. The appointee will join a diverse team at the Stanford University School of Medicine, Biomedical Information Research to research on information extraction and predictive analysis techniques for Electronic Health Records. The goals are to provide improved health care delivery through better information access, text mining, and advanced analytics. This is a highly collaborative position between biomedical informatics and clinical care teams.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· PhD in Biomedical Informatics, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related discipline.
· Experience with Natural Language Processing, ideally with previous experience with clinical text annotation and named entity recognition.
· Database experience, whether SQL or no-SQL.
· Software development experience.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively with clinicians and biomedical researchers.
· Demonstrated experience in machine learning and statistical techniques and/or experimental design and analysis for clinical and biomedical studies a plus.
· Ability to work independently.
· Leadership qualities a plus.
· This position is available immediately and eligible for renewal through 2020.
· Please email Dr. Tina Hernandez-Boussard with your 1) resume/CV; 2) cover letter; and 3) contact information for 3 references including mailing address, email address, and phone number.
Tina Hernandez-Boussard, PhD, MPH, MS (boussard AT stanford.edu)
Associate Professor of Medicine, Biomedical Data Science, and Surgery
Stanford School of Medicine
1265 Welch Rd
Stanford, CA 94305-5479