Open Positions: POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR
The Boussard lab is recruiting several postdoctoral scholars in the field of health services research, health policy, and biomedical informatics, or epidemiology/population health. Postdoctoral fellows will be involved in the analysis of large heterogeneous datasets, including electronic medical records, administrative data, registry data, and patient surveys (including PROMIS data) to answer important clinical, population health, and health services research questions. Potential focus areas include assessment of quality healthcare delivery, health policy informatics, and population health epidemiology. Our lab has developed the infrastructure necessary to efficiently use real world data from Stanford University and other academic sites for clinical analytics.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· PhD in Biomedical Informatics, Computer Science, or Health Services Research a related discipline.
· Strong programming skills. Experience with Natural Language Processing/Machine Learning a plus
· Database experience, preferrbly SQL.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively with clinicians and biomedical researchers.
· Demonstrated experience in machine learning and statistical techniques and/or experimental design and analysis for clinical and biomedical studies a plus.
· Ability to work independently.
· Leadership qualities a plus.
· This position is available immediately and eligible for renewal through 2020.
· Please email Dr. Tina Hernandez-Boussard with your
- cover letter
- career statement
- contact information for 3 references