Open Positions: POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR
The Boussard lab is recruiting several postdoctoral scholars in the field of biomedical informatics, computer science, engineering, health services research/health policy, and/or biostatistics. Applications are invited from ambitious, independent and motivated candidates with a strong publication record. The lab applies novel methods to real world data for clinical analytics and Artifical Intelligence (AI) to tackle the challenges of leveraging medical Big Data. Our research is bridging a spectrum of biomedical domains with multidisciplinary collaborations with top scientists at Stanford as well as with other institutions internationally.
Postdoctoral fellows will be involved in the analysis of large heterogeneous datasets, including electronic health records, unstructured clinical notes, administrative data, registry data, and patient surveys to inform clinical decisions and guide policy. We are seeking candidates interested in multi-modal and multi-task learning, weak supervision, knowledge representation, natural language processing, and decision theory to identify the right treatment for the right patient, patients at high risk for adverse events, and to implement evidence at the point of care to guide clinical decisions.
Postdoctoral scholar will be working on two core research topics: (1) develop foundational AI methods for analyzing and extracting information from clinical texts; (2) develop clinical prediction models using multi-modal and longitudinal electronic medical records (EMR) data. The scholar will deploy and evaluate these methods as clinical applications to transform medical care.
· PhD in Biomedical Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering, Health Services Research, or a related discipline.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong programming skills (R, Python, etc.)
· Strong record of distinguished scholarly achievement
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Experience in machine learning or natural language processing
· Database experience, preferably experience in SQL.
· Ability to work in a highly collaborative fast-paced environment
· Ability to successfully interact with a diverse team, including clinicians, IT staff, and scientist across domains
· This position is available immediately
· Please send the following to Dr. Tina Hernandez-Boussard at boussard AT stanford DOT edu
- cover letter
- career statement
- an exmple article/manuscript
- contact information for 3 references