Discover more about the Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship by exploring the resources below.
- Register for the 2018 webinar with Todd Brinton, Fellowship Director - June 12 Register Now
- Register for the 2018 webinar with Innovation Fellowship alumni - TBD Coming Soon
- Check out the latest Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship FlierDownload Now
- Watch a recording of the 2017 webinar with Todd Brinton, Fellowship DirectorWatch Now
- Watch a recording of the 2017 webinar with Innovation Fellowship alumniWatch Now
- Watch a short video about why people choose the Stanford Biodesign FellowshipWatch Now
The Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship is a launch pad for initiating, redirecting, or accelerating a career in health technology innovation. Stanford Biodesign graduates apply their talents to:
- Catalyzing innovation inside major health technology companies
- Building their own health technology start-ups
- Teaching and/or leading translational research programs for world-class universities
- Driving innovation initiatives within academic or private medical centers
- Becoming specialists in design, investing, or other aspects of the health technology innovation ecosystem
They also become part of the Stanford Biodesign community, which is a life-long, worldwide network of innovators passionate about improving healthcare.
Individuals with a background in medicine, biosciences, engineering, computer science, product design, law, or business are encouraged to apply. Masters, medical, or doctorate degrees preferred, but not required. Candidates may have some additional experience in industry or research. Fellows will be selected based on their experience, passion, and drive, as well as their potential to become leading innovators in the health tech field. Applicants are welcome from any country.
Stanford Biodesign Fellows become members of the Stanford Biodesign team at the James H. Clark Center on the Stanford University campus. Clinical immersion is completed at Stanford Health Care, as well as a variety of other settings across the continuum of care.
The fellowship is a full-time, intensive experience that runs from the beginning of August through early June each year. Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellows receive a monthly stipend and health benefits during their fellowship period.
Applications for the 2019-20 fellowship year open in May and are due on Thursday, August 16, 2018. More details about the application process are available on our frequently asked questions page.