Please register/login to use BioADD facilities/services.
- Developing formulations for drug delivery systems.
- Development and testing of various types of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical formulations; suspensions, injectable, immediate release and controlled drug delivery systems - extended release tablets and transdermal patches.
Biophysical characterization of drug molecules:
- Study of interactions between proteins and small molecules.
- Linking pharmaceutical compounds to biopolymers for sustained/targeted delivery.
- Distribution of drug molecules in a film/patch and gels formulations by Raman mapping.
- Self-assembly and aggregation of peptide, proteins and other biomolecules.
- Morphological and surface characterization by AFM, TEM, SEM.
- Conformational studies on peptides and proteins.
- Mapping drug molecules in tissue samples by MALDI.
Multi-step organic synthesis:
- Synthesis, purification and characterization of small molecule compounds
- Scaled up large scale of intermediates and small molecule compounds and libraries synthesis
- Microwave assisted chemistry and application of this tool in multi-step and parallel synthesis of diversified chemicals
- Synthesis, purification and characterization of natural and unusual amino acid derivatives and peptides via solution and solid phase methods
Materials synthesis Characterization:
- Studying polymorphic conversions of potential new drug substances in different matrices of excipients and polymers.
- Developing analytical methods for testing of polymorphic purity of various drug substances.
- Physicochemical characterization of pharmaceuticals and biopharmaceuticals protein binding studies
- Characterization of reference standards
- Analytical method development, optimization and validation.
- Development of quantitative methods for evaluating performance and efficacy of various types of drug products;development of impurity, content uniformity, strength, identity, residual solvents, water content, release rate, chiral purity assays.
- Thermodynamic solubility, pH solubility, moisture sorption, skin flux, slurry amplification, compatibility, stability, forced degradation studies, dissolution testing, measurements of pKa, logP, surface area, porosity and density.
- Supporting lead optimization process and preclinical development of potential new drug product candidates.
Lectures and Trainings: (Register in Stanford iLabs)
- Lyme Disease.
- Protein purification
- Neuronal culture
Hands on training for cell and molecular biology techniques used in drug discovery, drug validation and efficacy assessment in biological systems
BioADD offers one on one training in the following technologies –
1. Protein expression
2. Protein purification using FPLC/AKTA
3. PCR, Cloning, Restriction digestion
4. Immunocytochemistry, Immunohistochemistry, Immunoprecipitation
5. Sub-cellular fractionation
5. SDS-PAGE and advanced electrophoresis techniques
6. Cell and bacterial cultures
7. Primary cultures from hippocampal and cortical neurons
8. Designing and developing cell based assays (Spine density, cell migration assay, cell death assay etc.)
9. Fluorescence microscopy, AFM, Raman
10. Atomic force-distance spectroscopy and protein immobilization technology
12. Synergy assay development
13. Trace element analysis from pro and eukaryotic cells
14. Developing animal models of neurodegeneration
15. Enzyme assays