Munzer Auditorium is a 101-person capacity lecture hall located on the ground floor of the Beckman Center in Room B060.
Please submit request via email (see below) and be sure to include time and date requested, event title, sponsoring department, and contact name and phone number. For special inquiries or other problems, please contact:
Beckman Administrative Office, Room B062
Munzer Auditorium’s primary function is to serve as a venue for the School of Medicine research community. The Beckman Center will accept Munzer reservation requests prioritizing research seminar series, one-time seminars and symposia. The order of priority is:
- Beckman Departments—the academic year
- School of Medicine and other science departments—the academic year
- Other departments, SUHC & LPCH departments / lab meetings, training, workshops, orientation, grand rounds — 1 month in advance
The auditorium is available only when the Beckman Center is open, Monday-Friday, 7:00AM to 7:00PM. Events cannot start before 7:00AM nor on or after 7:00PM. We do not accept requests for weekend reservations or from outside organizations.
Cancellations must be made no later than 48 hours in advance of your event. "No Shows" may not be accomodated for future bookings.
Food and drink are strictly prohibited in Munzer. Refreshments may only be served AFTER your event. Please advise your caterer to schedule delivery after the event start time. The department/organization/group holding the event is responsible for advising attendees of the policy as well as enforcing it.
Space for receptions is very limited. The small hallway outside Munzer is a fire exit and easily blocked by people congregating around the food table. Please use the ground floor lobby or patio for your post-event refreshments.
Named for Mr. and Mrs. R. J. Munzer, generous contributors to the construction of the Beckman Center. Equipment includes:
- 101-person seating capacity, with disabled seating available
- Large front stage (8 ft. x 17 ft.)
- Fixed theater-style seating
- Podium with touch panel controls
- Stereo acoustics with podium-mounted sound controls
- White board (colored markers included)
- Lighting controls
- Video and computer projection capability, with podium controls
- User-friendly LCD projector
- Internet hookup (10baseT) (Stanford registered computers only)
- Video Conferencing capability--must be supervised by Event Services
- Laser pointer and cordless microphones available upon request at Beckman Office-B062
- Conveniently located across from the Beckman Bistro
For additional audio-video equipment please contact Stanford Event Services.
The Beckman Bistro specializes in fresh Mex and is located on the ground floor of the Beckman Center near Munzer Hall. Limited indoor seating. Large patio with umbrella tables for outdoor seating. Breakfast and lunch are served Mon-Fri.
For catering service, please contact the Bistro manger: