The Stanford Medicine Alumni Association (SMAA) is a separate organization from the Stanford Alumni Association (SAA).
All degree recipients from the School of Medicine are automatically members of SMAA. If you were a postdoc, resident, intern, or medical fellow at Stanford, you are also automatically a member of SMAA.
SAA recognizes all Stanford University degree recipients as alumni, and offers basic services to this group. In addition, you may join SAA as an annual or lifetime member to receive additional benefits (fees required). For more information on membership, please visit the Stanford Alumni Association Membership website.
If you have completed a minimum of three academic quarters as a matriculated, degree-seeking student in a degree-granting program, you are a member of both Alumni Associations.
As a member of SMAA, you receive:
- Access to the School of Medicine Alumni Directory
- A Stanford email account, at no charge to you from the Stanford Alumni Association. To obtain your email account, please see instructions here. Stanford Medicine certificate holders (interns, residents, medical fellows, and postdocs) are not eligible for an email address through SAA.
- Invitations to Stanford Medicine Alumni Day and SMAA/SAA events in your area
- Services in career and professional development
- Access to a myriad of opportunities in continuing education and travel
- Stanford Medicine Magazine