Frequently Asked Questions
Senior Faculty Transitions
- How do I qualify as an official Stanford retiree?
- At what age can I retire and get full health benefits?
- What type of retirement health care benefits does Stanford offer?
- What is the Faculty Retirement Incentive Program (FRIP)?
- Is the FRIP payment paid out in one lump sum or spread out over a few years?
- Can I take my sabbatical immediately before retirement?
- Whom do I need to notify when I decide to retire? What paperwork needs to be completed?
- When do my retirement benefits become effective?
- What happens to my benefits if I’m recalled to University Service?
Information You Can Use
- Your Health Care Benefits in Retirement (Presentation)