Reappointing Acting Faculty
Generally, Acting appointments should not exceed one year. Rare circumstances may necessitate a reappointment, due to delays in the Professoriate appointment or other issues. Prior approval from the Vice Dean should be obtained before submitting a reappointment request.
- Submit the acting appointment request to the Office of Academic Affairs:
- Acting Reappointment: Checklist
- Transmittal memo:
- From Department Chair to Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Explains exceptional circumstances necessitating reappointment
- Indicates when Professoriate appointment long form wil be submitted to OAA for review
- Recommendation for Appointment Form (“Green Form” )
- Signed by Department Chair
- Indicate start and end dates, up to a period of one year, for the reappointment
- Indicate original acting appointment term start and end dates
- OAA staff reviews/edits reappointment request
- If successful, OAA notifies the department by email of the approval and appointment terms, and later sends the reappointment letter to the department by interoffice mail.
Acting Reappointment: Checklist
REAPPOINTMENT: Acting Faculty
Note: Acting Faculty reappointments are strongly discouraged. The reappointment package must include a compelling reason for the delay in the Professoriate appointment and an estimation of when the draft appointment long form will be submitted.
___ 1 Transmittal memo (with explanation of delay and estimated date for long form)
___ 2 Recommendation for Appointment Form (“Green Form”)
We cannot review incomplete packages. If a checklist item doesn’t apply, please submit a written explanation.
Faculty Affairs Contact Phone Date