Retirement: For the Professoriate
The decision to retire can involve a complex combination of personal and professional considerations, and can require information from a variety of sources.
Faculty members who become official university retirees receive the emeritus or emerita title authorized by the Board of Trustees and become senior members of the Academic Council with privileges of the floor and of service on committees, but without the right to vote or hold office.
The Office of the Provost website offers the most comprehensive and updated information on faculty retirement including:
- Eligibility for Retirement
- Retirement Overview
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Workshops & Guidance
- Faculty Retirement Incentive Program (FRIP)
- Privileges & Benefits for Emeriti Faculty
- Living Well in Retirement
- Intent to Retire Form (can be found on this page, under, When You Decide to Retire >> Notify your Department Chair or Dean)
The Cardinal at Work website also provides information on faculty retirement.