Family Resources (Professoriate and Clinician Educators)
- Stanford University WorkLife Office
- Child Care Resources
- Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account
- Faculty and Child Care Assistance Program (Professoriate)
- Child Care Subsidy Grant
- Junior Faculty Dependent Care Travel Grant Program (Professoriate)
- Emergency and Backup Care Program
- Tuition Grant Program (undergraduate education for dependent children)
- Email Lists: ParentNet, SeniorNet, Over the Rainbow, WorkLife
Health + Wellness (Professoriate and Clinician Educators)
- BeWell@Stanford - wellness classes, fitness classes, health and lifestyle assessment, the Health Improvement Program, and more.
- WellMD - a site sponsored by the Physician Wellness Committee, to provide wellness information and resources for physicians and physicians-in-training.
- Recreation - campus resources, PE classes, recreation facilities (gymnasiums, pools, tennis courts, weight rooms).
- Staying Active and Living Well - campus and community programs to enhance the wellbeing of the 50+ population on campus.
- Stanford University Golf Course
Flexible Work Arrangements (Professoriate Only)
University policy allows appointment of faculty members at any rank on a part-time basis, although such appointments are in general discouraged because a large number of part-time appointments within any one department could weaken its academic program. The University does look favorably, however, upon family-related needs as a possible justification for granting temporary reductions from full-time to part-time status, such as when the part-time status is expected to exceed the limit of permitted leave.
Support (Professoriate and Clinician Educators)
The School of Medicine Faculty Development and Diversity Office provides skills building workshops, women faculty networking groups, funding opportunities, and links to more diversity websites at the University.
The School of Medicine Ombuds office provides a neutral, confidential and independent resource for dispute resolution for faculty, residents, postdoctoral scholars and students.
The University Ombuds office similarly is an impartial dispute resolver who strives to see that faculty, staff and students at the university are treated fairly and equitably.
The WorkLife Office's Navigating Work and Life program is designed to help you strategize around work and life goals.
For members of the Professoriate, the Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Diversity has resources for faculty – campus orientation, research, teaching, junior faculty, technology, community and family.