Monthly OAA Announcements
August 2020 OAA Announcements
- FAST FAC Updates
- Practice Policy Exemption Form
- Reminder: Faculty Orientation
- Reminder: Utilize the Auto-Notification tool to track upcoming end dates
- Updated Directives regarding Visitors and Short Term Faculty is available on the OAA website
- 10/1 Deadline: Update on Status of Annual Faculty Counseling
- Professoriate Evidence Tables Replaced with Overview Spreadsheet
FAST FAC Updates
As you know, FAST FAC has been replaced by FARM. As of September 1, 2020, you will no longer have access to FAST FAC. You will find all the same faculty information in FARM. From the FAST FAC page, you will be re-directed to a web page with a link to FARM. If you do not have access to FARM, you can request access through HelpSU.
Practice Policy Exemption Form
An updated Practice Policy Exemption form has been uploaded to the Toolbox. Please start using the revised form effective immediately.
As a reminder from Risk Management, please note the following:
- Departments should submit the practice policy exemption prior to beginning outside clinical work.
- Minimum recommended requirements for outside coverage
- Insurance Coverage term is current to cover the dates of the activity and name the provider as an Insured Party to the coverage.
- Minimum limits recommended for Professional Liability/ Malpractice coverage are: $1 million per occurrence/ $3 million in the aggregate.
- Verify type of coverage, and if coverage is claims-made, confirm that tail coverage is provided or available after activity ends.
- Insurance carrier rated AM Best A+.
If you have any questions, please contact Ashley Klein. If there are questions regarding coverage, please contact Risk Management.
Reminder: Faculty Orientation
Reminder that this year’s School of Medicine New Faculty Orientation will be broken down into 3 sessions on October 28th, 29th, and 30th via Zoom. Please ask your new Faculty who started since last November as well as new hires to sign up here.
For more information on faculty onboarding resources, please visit the Faculty Onboarding site.
Reminder: Utilize the Auto-Notification tool to track upcoming end dates
It is a departmental responsibility to manage the upcoming end dates for faculty in the school. Extension requests (via FASA) should be initiated as needed.
In July 2019, we rolled out the auto-notification tool to assist you in this task. The tool sends alerts on upcoming end dates of academic appointments. The user-instruction document can be found on the OAA website: FARM Auto-Notification Setup User Guide. Please note, an FAA representative was selected for each department to manage and configure the notifications for their group/department. If you currently do not have access and would like access, please email Anu Verma.
Updated Directives regarding Visitors and Short Term Faculty is available on the OAA website
The OAA COVID-19 Updates webpage has been updated to reflect the received guidance from the Stanford Research Continuity Team of the COVID Academic Policy Group and the Provost. This information was previously emailed out via our listserv on 7/17/20 and 7/30/20.
10/1 Deadline: Update on Status of Annual Faculty Counseling
October 1, 2020 is the deadline for confirmation on the status of the annual counseling of junior and senior faculty in your department. All that is required is an email to Anu Verma certifying (a) if you have completed it, and if not, (b) what remains to be done.
Please let us know if because of the very unusual circumstances in the past few months, completion of the counseling is delayed. We completely understand, and there is no penalty if this happens due to circumstances beyond your control.
Professoriate Evidence Tables Replaced with Overview Spreadsheet
As of September 1, 2020, the Evidence Tables found in the Toolbox will no longer be available due to inconsistency of information. We recommend you use the Overview Professoriate Long Form Documents Requirements (released in January 2020), beginning immediately as it is accurate. The Overview can be found in the Toolbox under Evidence Tables + Guidelines / Evidence Tables / Professoriate.
Please note that the Overview is organized by line and then each action within that line.